Monday 29 July 2013

Love in Vermont

It was when we moved to Hong Kong in 2004 that I started an enduring love affair that has survived until this day and I can't see myself being able to quit it any time soon.

Ben and Jerry's used to be the last shop in the IFC mall prior to boarding the ferry home (this was before we moved in to HK Island) and I have to say that we spent much more time together than I ever admitted to Nathan (though I'm certain he knew something was going on).

Having a Phish Food fettish was very hard to kick (though there were crazy moments of low-carb dieting where I didn't visit Ben and Jerry's for weeks - the horror!)

True love never dies though.

So here in Vermont, where Ben and Jerry's is based, what was a girl in love to do but introduce her children to the ice cream with a social conscience (oh yes, it tastes even better when you feel like you're doing the planet a favour).

We toured the factory, visited the Flavor Graveyard, played in the playground, sampled the wares (that goes without saying) and we left satisfied (for now at least).

Thanks for the memories boys!